MAINE OYSTER RETREATS
2024 RETREAT WEEKS: JUNE 15-19 & JUNE 20-24
Meet me in Maine. . .
With a nickname like “Vacationland,” Maine attracts plenty of visitors in the summer who crave the state’s rocky coasts and lobster shacks. But far beyond the tourist’s eye is a coastline of secrets and hardworking waterfronts.
Maine’s cottage charm, jagged beauty, aquaculture mecca, and underground eats have propelled Maine into a food sophisticate’s dream where authentic food, travel, and community come together.
This is your chance to experience Maine through table and tide. We will delight you in candlelit feasts along the water. You’ll venture up the New Meadows river to meet a string of best-in-class oyster farms. You’ll eat, drink, cook, and create with trusted locals and new friends.
Welcome to your paradise in Maine. Sunsets cruises, hikes along the coast, and fresh oysters await you!
We’re excited to offer TWO, all-inclusive 4-night retreat weeks in June 2024. Sign up below for the reservation launch!
For four nights on a waterfront village in Westpoint, you’ll stay in authentic cottages with ocean views and lush vegetation. Wallace Circle’s quiet peninsula boasts 180-degree hilltop vistas, a private cove, a seaside lobster business, and Maine Oyster Company’s expansive tidal dock over the water’s edge. Guests have the option of private guest houses and rooms within larger shared homes.
All meals, snacks, raw delights, and provisions will be included. Breakfasts (both hot and cold) will be available every morning at the lodge and waterfront docks. Wine and beer with meals are included. We will be providing additional alcohol, including spirits, for purchase at Basecamp.
All activities are factored into retreat costs. Example activities: oyster farm tours, sunset cruises, shucking classes, cooking classes, hikes, stargazing, and more. Please see our sample itinerary.
50% deposit will be due today when booking.
The remaining 50% will be invoiced and due 90 days prior to the first day of check-in.
Cancellations: Due to the nature of the event and its planning, there will be no deposit refunds, however if you are unable to make it, you may sell or gift your spot(s).
- Age: All guests must be 21 or over to attend.
- Travel: Guests are responsible for booking their own flights & transportation to and from 47 Wallace Circle, Phippsburg, ME, 04562.
- Insurance: Personal travel insurance is strongly encouraged for the retreat. Please let us know if you need recommendations.
- Food Menus: This retreat will be omnivorous. We’ll do our best to accommodate food allergies, however this will be a heavy shellfish and seafood menu and cannot be adapted to suit non-seafood dietary restrictions.
- Pets: We LOVE furry friends, but unfortunately no guest pets will be permitted on the retreat.
- Minimum guests: If we do not reach a minimum number of guests for the retreat, it will be moved to another date.
- Cancellation by hosts: If the retreat is cancelled by organizers, a full refund will be issued to all attendees; in all other cases, tickets are nonrefundable.
- Media: Photos and/or videos shared from this event may be used by Lady Oyster, Maine Oyster Company and its partners for marketing purposes.
- Acknowledgements: Registering for this workshop assumes acknowledgment of all the conditions contained within this retreat description.
- Communication: For the months leading up to the retreat, we will be in frequent contact with all retreat attendees to answer questions and discuss everything from travel recommendations to packing suggestions to logistics. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions.
Costs will vary by room category and room sharing selections.
Prices are all-inclusive of accommodation, food, drink, and activities. Pricing and reservation details are coming soon!
We’ll have 12 openings per retreat week. Stay tuned for reservation details!